Tinder, Bumble, Hinge, Plenty of Fish, Coffee Meets Bagel, The League, Happn, Okcupid, the list for dating apps goes on and on. Can I talk about Match for a second? I’ve never tried it but I’m giving it serious consideration because I love the devil and 2020 commercial, a must watch if you haven’t seen it!
After trying a handful of apps my personal favorite is Hinge. The app has 3 fill in the blank areas for people to write about themselves which I find really helpful so I have more to go off of than just pictures. In the beginning I struggled with how to fill out my profile (nothing harder than writing about yourself) but Hinge makes it easier because there are helpful prompts like- typical Sunday, guess where this photo was taken, facts about me that surprises people etc. Hinge also has a good amount of basic info like age, height, location, job, school religion, hometown and so on. I updated my preference setting to my ideal age ranges i.e. 25-35 and maximum distance, I’m not willing to travel that far so I put a smaller range. Ending my Hinge pitch now! Ha! Seriously though, I’d love to know what apps you’ve tried and love, leave suggestions in the comments!
So I picked my app, created my profile but how do I stand out for the dozens of options out there? Here’s my thoughts on making a first great impression on dating apps for both your pictures and your description. I’d love to hear your thoughts about what makes a great profile, leave your recommendations in the comments.
- If your first picture is of you in a group I will keep swiping it’s too hard to figure out who you are
- Have at least two clear solo pictures
- No sunglasses, I want to see your face
- Chose pictures that show you doing things you like doing
- Be authentic and be yourself
- Spend time on your profile to share what’s truly important to you
- What do you like to do on the weekends
- If you want someone to know you for more than your pictures you have to provide more than one word answers
Thanks for Reading!